I created these Lavender Sachets as Christmas presents for a few sweet friends and at the same time I made sure I had enough to give away as donations to raise money for Sherbrooke Home...the place where we have our bi-monthy Rug Hooking meetings. This was a fun project so I thought I would share it with you.
1. Print out your favorite images onto photo fabric... I use the postcard sized template which allowed me to print two photos on one fabric sheet.
2. Pick a fabric backing for your sachet... I used a bird themed complementary colored fabric. With right sides together sew the two pieces of fabric together...don't forget to leave an opening in the top to pour your Lavender buds into. Cut out sachet leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
3. Turn sachet right side out & press with your iron.
4. Measure out your Lavender...using a paper cone I poured about 1.5 ounces of lavender into each sachet.
5. Hand stitch top opening closed.
6. I used clear cellophane bags to wrap my sachets. Twisting both ends & then tying them off with decorative fabric ribbon.
7. Last but not least I went into Publisher & printed out some MADE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU BY SUSAN tags which I printed out on Sticker label paper...cut them out with decorative edge scissors & apply them to the front of the sachet packaging.
8. Make sure you nibble on some of those Christmas cookies while you work...
You can visit the Graphics Fairy for these bird inspired images...thank-you Graphics Fairy!
I purchased my lavender buds from here...Aquarius Aromatherapy & Soap Inc.
Cellophane bags, ribbon & photo transfer fabric from Micheal's Craft Store
Label paper from Staples
Wishing you all the best for a New Year filled with Creativity.