The above photo was taken shortly after Jasper's arrival...he was a whopping three pounds when we got him. Needless to say we have completely fallen in love. He makes us laugh and laugh and unfortunately he makes us cry to...which is part and parcel of being a fur-baby parent.
He now weighs a hefty 9 pounds LOL...and probably won't get much bigger. Unfortunately he lost some of that weight this past week when he decided to make a buffet dinner out of our compost pile.
To make a long story short he poisoned himself and the ensuing Xrays showed a mysterious object lodged in his stomach. Thank goodness it was of an organic nature otherwise he would have needed surgery.
After multiple visits to the vets (((thank God for pet insurance))) which included an overnight stay and lots of (((NOooo not another thermometer up my butt)))numerous pokes, prods, IV's, nausea shots and the like, I am happy to say he has turned the corner and is making a slow recovery. What a nightmare though...a whole week of puppy puking and diarrhea...I felt so sorry for him...I cried my eyes out numerous times thinking the worst was going to happen, but it didn't and now he is getting even more warm blankies to curl up in.
A note to all you fur-baby parents...please, please make sure your compost piles are cleaned up and have some kind of barrier around them. Ours is in a container but a squirrel tunneled under it and managed to spread compost all over the place...this is what Little Jasper got into and managed to eat. I was told by the vet that molds are very toxic to dogs so please keep a close eye on your pup when he is outside as it only takes a second for them to get into trouble.