Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Wishes

Good day my friends...All the best for a Happy and Joyful Easter.

Meeting the Easter Bunny
 On Easter morn at early dawn before the cocks were crowing 
I met a bob-tail bunnykin and asked where is he is going
 "Tis in the house and out the house a lightly I am going."
"But what is that of every hue you carry in your basket?"
  "Tis eggs of gold and eggs of blue; I wonder why you ask it."
"Tis chocolate eggs and bonbon eggs and eggs of red and gray,
For every child in every house on Bonny Easter Day."

 He perked his ears and winked his eye and twitched his little nose;
He shook his tail--what tail he had--and stood up on his toes.
"I must be gone before the sun; the east is growing gray;
Tis almost time for bells to chime,"
So he hippety-hopped away. 

Rowena Bennet, 1930~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails