Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Mouse Day

My desk is filled to overflowing with critters in all stages of development...they are everywhere...there is no more room to work...they are sitting on shelves, on the floor, in boxes, nooks and crannies. "Cranny" what a strange word now that I think of it!
cran·ny
ˈkranē/
noun
  1. A small, narrow space or opening. Synonyms - Chink, crack, crevice, split, fissure, rift, cleft, opening, gap, aperture, cavity, hole, hollow, niche, corner, nook, interstice.
Holy Cow...who woulda thought one little word could be so many things. Interesting tidbit for the day...onward and forward. 
I'm in a bit a panic cause I have signed up to be in our local Art Crawl this October...so I need to get lots of critters ready...it won't be a sale but rather a display of my work. This is something I've never done in all my years of creating these characters...I've shown my paintings and mixed media pieces but not my little characters..it will be fun to see what folks think. I have to say that I am a bit nervous about getting enough pieces completed so that it will be full and interesting...having to create a show is very motivating! 
With all this work my back is hunched, my fingers are sore and I am in dire need of massage and a chiropractic adjustment. Meanwhile I will continue to work...I have whole herd of mice that need grooming.


Cheerios, Susan

7 comments:

Mary said...

So, So cute!! I love reading your blog.
Thanks!

Karen B. said...

Dear Susan,
it is so nice that you are creating you beautiful pieces again! Can't wait to see them once they are finished.
Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Carol Roll said...

such darling little mice! Your work always makes me smile!

marly said...

Your work is so meticulous. Those enchanting little critters fascinate me and always bring a smile.

Petal49 said...

You little critters are so cute. I would love to be able to see the show but pics will have to suffice.

WoolenSails said...

I love your mice and smalls and I think you will make a wonderful display with them, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Debbie

NataliaUNA said...

Dear Susan!
How beautiful your table!
Mice are wonderful!
I think that then you will be sorely missed by them)))
Good luck at the show!

Related Posts with Thumbnails