Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Show and Tell

For the last few years Donna Of Brynwood Needleworks has been putting in requests for me to create a new piece for her. One that would incorporate her love of Oak Trees...Ya see she kinda has an Oak Tree fetish, oak leaf fetish...Acorn fetish...anything Oak she will want, love and covet...did I mention she really likes squirrels...course squirrels and Oaks just kinda go together. Donna and squirrels...both nutty for Oaks.
I told her that I've never made a squirrel...never designed a pattern for one...always wanted to, but never got around to it...I finally took the plunge and did...and it was fun...and I am ever so happy with how he turned out!
See the eggcup...it has Oak branches painted on it...yup...that's Donna's treasured egg cup...she mailed it to me so I could use it as a stand for my very first squirrel. Thank you Donna for trusting me with it! I am thrilled that I finally got to make you a piece that incorporates your love of Oak trees and squirrels. 

Have a nutty kinda day!

Susan


6 comments:

NMK said...

What a great idea & the egg cup makes it even more special ! So cute !!!

Patti said...

Oh so lovely! A fabulous squirrel! No one would guess that it is your first :)
Blessings, Patti

Humble Heart Designs said...

He is all kinds of cute! Love him!

Veronica said...

The squirrel is adorable! I love the ears on those western squirrels. So cute.

Has the recipient ever been to Raleigh, NC? We're the City of Oaks. :) Our squirrels are grey ground squirrels though, so she'll need another egg cup and you'll have more work to do. ;)

Love your creations. So beautiful!

Carlie said...

I love it! All of your creations are just fantastic.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thank you for using your precious time and talents to create something for me that will become a treasured heirloom, Susan. You see, my youngest grandchild has picked up on my love of everything "acorn", and I do believe she's now been bitten by the same bug! Thank you again. I love my little, nutty squirrel.
- Donna, Brynwood Needleworks

Related Posts with Thumbnails