Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Forget Me Not

 Look who hopped by my garden...a wee bunny surrounded by Forget Me Not Flowers.
 This little guy is a custom creation for a client of mine. She requested a rabbit perched on a Rusty Donut Cutter Pin Cushion in colors of pale blue, cream and grey.
 I spent a few hours hand stitching tiny Forget Me Not Flowers onto Not Forgotten Farm's aged cross stitch linen. I used Valdani's variegated floss to stitch the flowers and regular floss for the leaves.
If you want to make your own rusty Donut Cutters you can go to your local cooking store to pick up a few...take them home and toss them into a solution of Vinegar, Salt and a little Water...it is stinky so place the container outside for a few days. Take the cutters out to air dry and they will continue to rust further. I then sand them them. As a finishing touch I apply clear shoe polish and buff them till they shine. 

Cheerios
Susan

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm a new follower and I just love this little pincushion. Sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails