Tuesday, February 3, 2009



Good morning world...

Got up with warm fuzzy feelings this mornin...

Made my coffee..sat down in my favorite chair & sipped away...

Got to thinkin how much my mornings mean to me...to be able to sit & ruminate about my day...

what I have to get done...what I want to get done...& just plain day dreaming...

I am fortunate in that I can do this on a regular basis...I don't have kids and I work full time at home...

as an artist...mornings are important to me...

I am not a night bird...I go to bed early & wake up early...

early is when my ideas happen...sitting...thinking... getting out my sketch book...write or draw all the new inspirations that have come to me...

I find that waking up and working out ideas in my sketchbook keeps me in a positive mood...it excites me...along with caffein...

I find it amazing how the creative juices get flowing when I look through my project journal...one thing leads to the next & before you know I have new designs & patterns to keep me busy for some time...

Doing this keeps my art flowing...original & all my own....yea they're not Van Goghs or Jackson Pollacks...but they're all mine...I made them & I know they came from my heart...

I like small....small is cozy... quaint...personal...& to be honest... working in small suits my level of patience just right...someone...I think a family member said to me...why don't you make bigger pieces...I think not

Small is wonderful...something to hold in the palm of your hand...something to covet...something warm...and tucked away in the corner of your heart...

So I make small things...small is good...

To Do Today

make some more wee mice

have to start custom order today for sure

try not to burn dinner tonight...you really can't
make art & cook at the same time

really want to organize studio shelves...

plan a fun art day just for me...make something for me

get some exercise & fresh air...warmer out today...good to go for a walk

change date of the Willow's Valentines dinner from the 13 to the 14th

put more photos in photobucket..edit them

wash car if you get a chance...get Dino to do it...

Iron Dino's shirts...& mine

thats it for now...

be happy

smile

I




2 comments:

Cookie said...

love the deep thoughts and quiet ponderings - and I especially like your last thought: be happy and SMILE

Saucy said...

What a small world. I see you have the Today's Creative Blog blinkie in your sidebar. I was featured on that blog last year. I'm from Saskatoon too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails