Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The final details...adding the sparkle
"MerMouse Magic"
Well...I finally mailed my Mermouse out today...Carisa should receive her in a couple of weeks or so...I had a heck of time deciding what to make for this project... but in the long run I decided to do what I do best...make mice...LOL! I could of made a rabbit/mermaid but it just didn't jive for me. Merrabbit....aahhh,maybe next time. I had a lot of fun creating this new pattern & I spent a good few hours trying to figure out how to give my mouse a mermaid tail. I decided to needle felt blue wool roving onto the tail extension, I then took a leaf shaped cookie cutter & proceeded to use that as a mold to needle felt the two fins, which I later attached to the mouse tail by needle felting them on with additional lengths of wool roving. Shhhh, clear as mud I am sure. I now know how hard it is to needle felt...it can take hours to finish a piece this way & your wrist sure takes a beating...I like how it looks & it has given me an additional way to add details to my finished pieces.
I am pretty happy with how this project turned out & I am looking forward to taking part in more swaps...a great way to connect with other artists & make new friends.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Greetings from Nova Scotia. Some nice looking crafts there in your shop.

Theresa said...

Your Mirmouse is so sweet... I hope you do more of these little ones. :)

sreetzbears said...

My goodness,how adorable!!!!I love all your creations....so unique and darling!

ODD imagination said...

I am in Love with MirMouse! What a sweet, sweet mouse! I really agree that the needle felting for the tail was the perfect choice and you did such a 'neat' job of it. Thank you for sharing - what a treat!

p u r l g u r l said...

love love love!!!

p u r l g u r l said...

love, love, love, wee little mermouse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails