Friday, October 19, 2018

Amy's Heart

 My latest custom made piece was created for Amy, she requested a Hanging Heart Pin-Keep in teals and blues.
I started with my choice of fabrics...French General blue striped and solid color fabric, beige cross stitch fabric and the stitching was created with Valdani variegated floss. 
The finished hearts and cross stitching were both aged and sanded to perfection...people freak out when I tell them I sand my cross stitching! Sanding gives it a well worn and soft appearance...try it...be brave my friends...experimenting is fun. 
I am still working on getting through my list of commissions...it has been slow and I apologize to those folks who are still waiting for their pieces to be made. It has been a real balancing act these few months trying to develop our property and get all the garden beds built and things planted. It is a 4.5 acre property and I have a to do list a mile long.
It is October here in Gibsons British Columbia...it doesn't feel like it and it doesn't look like it either. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt the other day...unusually warm and sunny...I'm not complaining! 
So as the saying goes..."Make Hay while the Sun Shines". So I have been busy planting trees, winter veg, berries, garlic and putting everything to sleep for the winter.
Time to harvest and fill my pantry with good things to eat. I tried my hand at making some cranberry ferment for the first time and also Cranberry Conserves. Next on my to do list is Pumpkin Pickle and canned Cranberry Salsa to go with our Xmas Turkey.
Time to hunker down...go through the cook books and make good things we can enjoy through the long winter months. 
PS...do you folks still enjoy this blog? I haven't been to active in here and am wondering if there is still interest in perusing my Mouse Droppings Blog?
Any feedback would be appreciated!

www.facebook.com/susanpilotto.1967

Cheerios, Susan

5 comments:

HoopdieDo said...

I just found your blog but I loved reading it.

Misty said...

I'm personally a big fan of spmousedroppings blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path
clipping path service
ghost mannequin

Sandra said...

I love your blog....especially pictures of your creations; beautiful work of art! So pleasing to the eye, makes me so happy!I would love to purchase one of your cute bunnies. Reminds me of Beatrix Potter, a favourite!

OGEN Infosystem (P) Limited said...

I’m really a big fan of your blog, thank you so much for this valuable information with us.
PPC Company in Delhi

Unknown said...

I have just discovered your blog and I am so glad I did! Your work is lovely and your attention to detail is wonderful. I will definitely check you out on Etsy.


Related Posts with Thumbnails