Friday, August 23, 2013

Black Rose Bunny Finish

I finally managed to take some photos of my newest Pin-keep, "Black Rose Bunny." Last year I created this same piece with light Blue embroidery thread & a creamy white cross stitch Linen. This year I decided to try my hand at creating a fall version in darker colors.
I am quite happy with how it turned out...it has a more Primitive rustic feel to it. I used three strand Valdani variegated embroidery thread and Notforgotten Farm 28 Count Farmhouse Cross Stitch linen...Lori hand stains her linen and it has given my pin-keeps a lovely aged look.
I am also working on a series of Cross Stitched pieces that are
 going to be part of my Bittersweet Bunny series.
This grouping will include(if all goes well) a Running Bunny Pincushion, Needle-book & Scissors Fob...all to be put up for adoption as a set. I haven't offered a set in ages and I am having a lot of fun putting it together...stay tuned for more photos and a date for my Fall blog sale.
I got something special in the mail today...three wonderful bundles of antique fabric from France...sigh...I have wanted to do this for so long...so I decided to treat myself and I have to say that I am just tickled with everything I received.
An old grain sack with red cross stitched monograms, nubby hemp and linen, well worn striped cottons, and a floral fabric with raised pale designs as well as a lovely floral design. Lots of hand sewn mends and seams...perfect! I am thinking that I want to sew up a quilt for my bedroom or some curtains for my studio...maybe some of it will end up in a pinkeep.
I also found some time to dig out my old Fir cabinet...it looks almost as bad as the day I rescued it out of a mud puddle sitting in an abandoned lot...that was years ago and I still harbor a sweet spot for it...even though hubby said we should dump it..."NO WAY" was my reply! I made him  re-nail and tighten up a few spots...I cleaned up all the wood working dust and it is good to go...already have it sitting in my bedroom full of vintage rugs. It is so nice to be done all of our renovations...two years of hard work...now all the fun stuff can happen...like decorating. I hope to take some home decor photos to share with you in the coming months.
As for Little Jasper...he has fully recovered from his cold...as you can see he has been living in the lap of luxury...a pampered pooch for sure. Thank-you everyone  for your kind words and well wishes...Little Jasper is all better now!

Stitching up a Storm
Susan

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails